Thank you for your interest in writing for LawSamjho Please go through the Submission Guidelines before submitting your draft.
Through our publications we seek to achieve a better understanding of different domains of law and underlying issues concerning the same. Our main focus is on developing an insight into contemporary legal developments around the world and engage a productive debate on the same. We welcome original contributions and commentaries which provide quality analysis on various fields of law, public policy & issues pertaining to governance across the globe.
Submissions can be made at any time and are considered on a rolling basis. All the Submissions will be reviewed by our Editors. Furthermore, if any changes are required, it will be sent back to the author for revisions at this stage. Once we have a final draft, the piece will be published.
Once you have submitted your draft post, our Editorial Board will contact you, acknowledging your submission. We endeavor to respond quickly to all submissions and the authors can expect a response within 14 days.
Who can Contribute?
LawSamjho prides itself on being an egalitarian space. We welcome submissions from students, early career researchers, policy-makers, senior academics, lawyers and members of civil society organizations. However, we only publish blogs and articles that are of high quality and that comply with the Submission Guidelines.
Blogs/ Opinion pieces must be written in context of recent legal developments around the world. They should be thought-provoking and provide and insightful. The draft must focus on critical legal analysis of the concerned topic rather than journalistic reporting. Blogs which are found to be of descriptive nature shall be rejected by the Editorial Board. All the blogs must fulfil the criteria mentioned below: –
- Word Limit: 800 – 1500 words
- Font Style: Times New Roman
- Font size – 12 & Line Spacing of 1.5
Articles provide some liberty to the authors in terms of topic at LawSamjho. Topics for an article must be related to any contemporary issue/development in the field of Law or Public Policy.
The articles must focus on a holistic study of the topic consisting in depth research on the same. The sources for such research must be credible and authentic. The authors are requested to write the articles in an academic language with proper punctuation marks. All articles must fulfill the following criteria: –
- Word Limit: 2000 to 3000
- Font Style: Georgia
- Font Size: 12 & Line Spacing of 1.5
- Co-authorship is limited to a maximum of two authors.
- All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- Authors are requested mail their submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org , the subject of such mail must be in the following format – “Blog/Article Submission – [Name of Topic], Name of Author(s)”
- Authors are requested to submit a short bio of 2-3 sentences in a separate .doc/.docx file, attached with the mail.
- Authors must acknowledge and give due reference to any source. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited, and articles found to be plagiarized will not be considered for publication.
- On submission, authors shall be deemed to have divested the copyright to LawSamjho. However, all moral rights shall vest with the author(s).
- Hate language including but not limited to racist, sexist, anti-Semitic and homophobic speech will not be published. This includes the use of stereotypes, racial tropes, denial of historical events, etc.
In keeping with the informal tenor of Blog posts, unlike research articles, we prefer hyperlinks over footnotes and endnotes. For Articles, however, we request the authors to follow The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (19th Ed.) in the form of endnotes.
Original & Unpublished Work
- It’s presumed that the blog/article (the “manuscript”) is the original & unpublished work of the author(s) and has not been submitted elsewhere for publication.
- If found otherwise, the manuscript would be rejected on the ground of violation of the above-mentioned point.
In case of any query, feel free to reach out to our managing editors at email@example.com.
Rakshitt C Bajpai – Managing Editor
Aviral Agarwal – Managing Editor